May is National Moving Month: 6 Tips for a Stress-Free Move
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, about 40 million Americans—one in nine people—move each year.
Moving is such a prevalent activity for Americans during the springtime that May is dedicated to this trend. This is when the nation starts to see a major uptick in relocations; however, if the thought of moving homes makes you start to sweat, you're not alone. In fact, some studies have shown that moving is more stressful than wedding planning or divorce.
Don't despair! There are ways to keep moving day tolerable and prevent raising your blood pressure. Planning ahead and organizing can go a long way to keeping things under control.
1. Use Moving to De-Clutter and to Get Rid of Items You Don't Need or Use: Donate or throw away unwanted items so you'll have less to pack and unpack
2. Group Items Together When Packing: Keeping items together from each room of your house will make unpacking easier
3. Use a Different Colored Label For Each Room's Boxes: This will allow you to be efficient when unloading, especially if you have movers or helpers
4. Use a Clear Tote for Important Items: This guarantees that important items are visible and easy to locate during your move
5. Share The Load: Hire an experienced and well-rated moving company or save some money and ask willing friends or family to lend a hand
6. Keep Essential Items With You: If your moving truck is delayed or you end up arriving at your destination later than expected (things happen!), keep important overnight items with you
Moving doesn't have to be a High-Stress Event. With a little planning and preparation, your first night's stay in your new place won't be a sleepless one!
Author:Kristi Ghent - BRE #01807699 Phone: 916-759-1084 Dated: May 17th 2018 Views: 101 About Kristi: Specializing in Residential Resale & New Construction
Land Sales & Residential Acreage
Buy, Sell &...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
About eXp Realty California - Northern / Central Valley
Trust eXp Realty and our team of real estate agents to help you find homes for sale or to sell your current home. We recognize the level of service that the mobile consumer demands. You have information. You have dreams. We possess experience, integrity, and innovation. Together we create leverage to make your dreams a reality.
Everybody that wants to sell their home wants the same thing: to sell
"Colleen was excellent at communicating with the seller and sending information back and forth. She was also very proactive in helping me chose a lender and staying up to date with the lender to mak e sure things progressed in a timely manner. She was very aware of the timing of all the deadlines throughout the process and kept things moving very efficiently. Colleen has been providing real estate service in the community for over 15 years and is a great choice for any buyer or seller, private home or commercial properties. I have several other friends who have also used Colleen's services and were very satisfied."